Author Topic: Rave Windshield  (Read 1204 times)

Dean

• phpBB 4 yr. Contributing Member
  • Vibes: 2
Rave Windshield
« on: September 23, 2005, 08:11:23 PM »
I have a full size pattern for making an exact copy of the stock Rave windshield for the crew's seat.  I will post a copy of the drawing in our photos section this weekend and I can send the pattern and instructions to anyone that writes to me with their mailing address.  Just let me know.  

It's a triangle of polycarbonate sheet that will also require, (1) shock cord, (2) electrical cable clips, (3) rivets, and (4) black plastic edging like that used in automotive for metal edges.  I don't know it's proper name.  It has an aluminum core that grips onto the edge of the plastic.  I've tried rubber edging but I could not find a good adhesive (I tried three) that could withstand the elements on the water.

The 'shield makes the boat look really sharp and it's very functional.  There is only drawback: it's a little claustrophobic.  It does provide the crew protection from some splashing and when the going gets wet on the Rave, the crew catches the worst first.  You can cure the claustrophobia by moving the seat back about 5 1/2" (maximum).  It's not hard to do.  

Moving the crew seat aft balanced my boat better and added a noticeable amount of space up there in the forward hole.  If anyone's interested I'll make a post on that, as well, with photos of my solution.

Frank Shepherd

• Contributing Member
  • Vibes: 3
Rave Windshield
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 06:53:39 AM »
I recently broke several of the plastic clips on my windshield that hold the elastic cord.  Not wanting to waste time looking for a new supplier of clips in Australia, I purchased some black nylon webbing strap and cut it into 7 cm. lengths, burning the ends.  A tap with a hole punch opened the webbing.  Add new pop rivets and stainless washers from the old clips and the job was done in about half an hour.  Now I don't have to worry about the UV cracking the plastic ever again, and it works just as well as the old clips.

Lewis

• Vibes: 0
Re: Rave Windshield
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »
I just bought rave and would really appreciate the measurements of your windshield.

ixd704

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »
Was this ever answered?

Dean

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 05:52:27 PM »
I still have the drawing.  Make a post if you need it.

ixd704

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 09:15:29 AM »
Please email to idouglas@teksavvy.com as I am unable to see any of the photos on this sight for some reason.

Much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ian

Dean

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 06:18:38 PM »
To Rave pilots,
One of the windshield drawings I made is in .pdf format.  The other two are in Autocad .dwg format.  To view and print the drawings Autodesk has a free download for Autocad True View.  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/dwg-trueview/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-download-DWG-TrueView.html
Send me an e-mail if you wish.

ixd704

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
I got them.  Easy to understand and simple to fabricate.  Nice work :-)