Author Topic: Buzzelli regatta 2017  (Read 766 times)

Ricky

• El Taco Supreme
  • Vibes: 5
  • FT Myers, SW FL - WR17 WR16 WR10 HAI HTI HWV HFC
    • Outdoor Adventures Group
Re: Buzzelli regatta 2017
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 05:54:08 PM »
If Sandra has been putting the time, both of you, Rob & Jim, better bring your top game.  ;D

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
  • Vibes: 15
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »
That's right.lol ,you better too my friend.we haven't sailed since our Georgia regatta last month.
so looking forward to our Canadian friend Ed in the Bright red boat again.we might have Matt a wr 17 owner from Michigan flying in to check it out.He's welcome with us on friday,and looking to balance a boat for the races if anyone needs the weight up forward instead of rocks or water,for Saturday.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:28:50 PM by lt4supr »
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »
It's close,time for roll call.who's attending.
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »
19 days and counting for our w.o.w regatta.
Come join the fun and sail the bay.
It's always good times and great people.
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman

WSRK

• Vibes: 2
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 09:40:31 PM »
I registered for the Buzzelli Multihull Regatta today, bringing the total Windrider registrants up to six, and am aware of at least two others who plan to register soon. Join the fun! Let's get up to at least double-digits. The more the merrier!

This is a fun get-together for Windrider 17 owners (other Windriders are also welcome, but would need at least five to race), as it's not just about the racing (though racing's a great way to learn how to sail the boat efficiently). There's a lot of socializing, camaraderie, and ideas about modifications, activities, or just how to have fun with these amazing boats. Windrider's Robert Sanberg will be there, too, in case you want some questions answered straight from the source.

Hope to see you there!
Multihull Man
Palm Beach County, FL

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
The party starts two weeks from right now,the tiki hut cruise.

The windrider owners weekend at the Buzzelli mutihull regatta.

Dont miss it...Sarasota fl
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »
Those planning that haven't signed up please do so and avoid the extra late  registration Fee's.
Robert are c.e.o from the factory has some very generous gift's,lets make this year a grand event.

Roby
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:12:56 PM by lt4supr »
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 03:31:29 PM »
We have many sailors staying at the same hotel or near by.
So were trying to meet up at Nancy's bar b que, Friday night.
Downtown sarasota.
Weather looks good on long range forcast,sign up and have too much fun with us at the w.o.w buzzelli regatta.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:26:34 PM by lt4supr »
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman

Ricky

• El Taco Supreme
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:34 PM »
Just got off the phone with Lori from SSS. She mentioned that on top of the camping fees, you must be registered for the Buzzelli Regatta to camp at the SSS, which I was not aware of. She also made it very clear that this was the Buzzelli Regatta, not the WindRiders Owners Weekend event. ::)

It would make more sense for me to pay for a hotel room (better accommodations for about the same price), which I know is what some of you are doing, but driving back and forth to a hotel 5 miles away is not the kind of camping I was looking forward to. So, in short, looks like we're not going. I spoke with Jeff about this and he's also out. :( Have fun for us!

jrody

• Contributing Member
  • Vibes: 11
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »
    Ricky, We all appreciate that you were trying to get more WR people involved in this regatta. But a regatta is a series of RACES
 which are attended by like minded sailors that are there to compete against each other. I agree whole heartily with Lori that this is a Regatta honoring a long time Stiletto sailor Bob Buzzelli and should not be billed as any other event.
    Why don't we create a dedicated WOW on our own..95% of WR owners aren't interested in competing and would feel more comfortable in a leisurely sail weekend.

Just got off the phone with Lori from SSS. She mentioned that on top of the camping fees, you must be registered for the Buzzelli Regatta to camp at the SSS, which I was not aware of. She also made it very clear that this was the Buzzelli Regatta, not the WindRiders Owners Weekend event. ::)

It would make more sense for me to pay for a hotel room (better accommodations for about the same price), which I know is what some of you are doing, but driving back and forth to a hotel 5 miles away is not the kind of camping I was looking forward to. So, in short, looks like we're not going. I spoke with Jeff about this and he's also out. :( Have fun for us!
Jim Rodenkirk
WR17
Sussex, Wisconsin
Cape Coral, Florida.

Ricky

• El Taco Supreme
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »
Thank you guys for your clarifications, definitions, apologies, suggestions, comments, opinions, etc, etc, etc.

I was told by several members of the group that anyone could come to the WOW event, camp at the SSS whether they participated in the races or not and the only change this year would be a new camping fee, which seemed fair to me. I was also told not to register for the regatta if I wasn't competing, since it would screw up the race scoring, or something along those lines...

My previous post here was to inform those who, like me, didn't know registration was mandatory for anyone who wanted to camp at the SSS and also my surprise to hear Lori from the SSS make such emphasis about this not being the WOW event, which seemed strange to me. The last part of my reply was to let you know I wasn't going to make it since I mentioned to some of you that I was going to the event.

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 07:50:33 PM »
Who's jeff
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman

Ricky

• El Taco Supreme
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 08:00:59 PM »
Jeff is another WR owner. He usually tags along whenever we have a camping or sailing trip.

WSRK

• Vibes: 2
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 10:15:51 AM »
Anyone can attend the Buzzelli Regatta without having to race or register. They can launch their boats from the same area as the racers (just outside the gates of the SSS), and they can enter and hang around the SSS if they so choose. Unlike registrants, non-registrants will have to purchase their own food and drink (which is included for registrants in their registration fee), can't camp on SSS grounds (which may be a new restriction ... don't know if it applies the grounds outside the SSS gates, near the launch area), and can't race.

There're still plenty of reasons for non-racers to attend. They can stay in a hotel (or camp outside the SSS gates, if permitted), sail their boats, and hang out with the racers and other Windrider owners (or other sailors or non-sailors) on the water or at the Tiki Bar, the SSS, the hotel, restaurants, or anywhere else that seems interesting. There are lots of opportunities to sail, socialize, enjoy the beautiful venue, and exchange ideas about sailing, Windriders, and other kinds of sailboats. Robert from Windrider will be there, too, so you'll have an opportunity to pick his brain, and he'll be handing out some goodies to the registrants.

This is a great opportunity to meet and socialize with other Windrider owners, and to learn about the ways they've modified their boats and their ideas about how or where to sail them. Come on down! We'd love to see you there!
Multihull Man
Palm Beach County, FL

lt4supr

• Capt.Rob
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »
Looks like on long range weather predictions winds will be 16 to 22.perfect wr, sailing and warm temps.ya hoo.last minute tow vehicle ready, trailer ready,last minute rigging inspections on boat Sunday to do.and off we go Thursday morning.cant wait to play and see all the great people again at the w.o.w.at the Buzzelli multihull regatta Sarasota fl.
Hopefully Friday night dinner at Nancy's bar b que in downtown Sarasota
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:38:41 PM by lt4supr »
WR 17  #305.
Sr class chairman