Author Topic: Any one do any mods to their Tangos?  (Read 385 times)

Toot

• Vibes: 0
Any one do any mods to their Tangos?
« on: January 25, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »
Just wondering why not many posts on this area of the forum? Just got a new one and wanted to see what you all did to your boats.  Thanks :)

ptroost

• Vibes: -2
Re: Any one do any mods to their Tangos?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:39:44 PM »
Hi Toot,

I don't know why the forum is so quiet.  I have two Tangos (or actually Windrider 10's) and I haven't modified them at all, just made repairs.  I did build a two place trailer where I can carry the two boats side by side with the amas on an upper deck and the masts and akas between load bars.

Peter

Toot

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 04:21:55 PM »
Wow someone answered.  I got mine in January. I have been sailing from the sand and then they closed the beach so I ordered a hand launch cart that Robert had made to specs of WR10. I launch from cement ramp. Put easy keel on all hulls to protect them .  Love this boat but since I am a senior it takes a little effort to put in back of truck. No one on LA west coast have never seen such a thing. Take care and stay safe

Toot

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »
Well this is what I ended up doing.
Put 1 inch closed cell foam on pedals , because my legs are just too short to reach when trying to make a full tack on any factory setting.
Added 2 mesh side pockets like Hobie AI to hold gloves , etc.
Put a Dinghy Wind Vane on Ama arm to see wind direction.
Added Nylon Tell Tales to sail for better trim reading compared to factory yarn ones, that just kept getting caught on themselves.
Put a small dinghy compass on plate next to mast step, so once sails are trimmed, you can just steer by compass reading and not keep looking up at sails offshore.
Added Keel Easy to all bottoms of main hull and amas, because I have to launch from a cement ramp.
Bought a Dynamic Windrider 10 Dolly for cement ramp launching.

Well posted this just encase anyone else has similar concerns or problems.
Keep Sailing :) :) :) :) :) :)
P.S. also answer all those questions of-- WHAT IS THAT????