Author Topic: Anyone interested in the Ultra Marathon / E.C. this March?  (Read 268 times)

Vincent

• Vibes: 0
Anyone interested in the Ultra Marathon / E.C. this March?
« on: December 01, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »
With a bit of luck we'll have two 20.2 on the line, one for the U.M. and one fore the E.C. Any other Astus interested?
I've done long distance races on the 20.2 and it is a fantastic platform for it.

Bryk

Re: Anyone interested in the Ultra Marathon / E.C. this March?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 09:24:12 AM »
Which model do you have? Sport, base, or XL?  How do you like it?  How long have you had it?

Vincent

Re: Anyone interested in the Ultra Marathon / E.C. this March?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
Hi,

I have the 20.2 sport (regular cabin). I absolutely love the boat. It does everything I bought it for and actually quite a bit more. For a fast cruiser it is outstanding. I upgraded from a beach cat thinking I'd be doing a lot of day sailing locally and trailering the boat around to different spots. I am doing a lot of that. But in addition I found it is more seaworthy, well built and protective of the crew than I expected. As a result I spend extended time on it, for instance with my kids who absolutely love "camping" on the water. Our "safe and comfortable" radius of operation from a launch is very significant for a 20 footer.
We have some memorable week-ends anchored on secluded Florida sandbars, and long distance sailing. Due to the same qualities, we can carry a lot of people and do day sailing with friends up to 7 people onboard. And when we get back to the dock it handles like a beach cat. Zip it on the trailer, everything is light, simple, can be handled by hand, and in 45 minutes we are driving away.

Best regards.
Vincent.