Author Topic: Astus for Sale  (Read 1096 times)

Vincent

• Vibes: 0
Re: Astus for Sale
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 09:01:22 AM »
Hi, Tom

This does not seem like a good experience. I bought one of the 2 Astus 20.2 from the first shipment just about 3 years ago now. That was a very different story.
1- From bubble wrap removal to sailing under gennaker took 90 minutes! I could not believe it. I had never rigged the boat before but everything was super easy, and the fit of every component was perfect.
2- My helm experience is 3 fingers on the tiller extension. Whether cruising in 5 knots of wind or blasting at 17 knots of speed, the boat is perfectly balanced. I pushed it in 25 gusting to 30 with no reef upwind and one reef on a reach. Maximum load on the structure.... Still 3 fingers on the tiller. Most people I take on-board in heavy conditions have they jaw drop when they take the stick.

I have never sailed the 16.5 so I can't predict its behavior. But if you have any question that you might think transfer from an Astus to another type of Astus, let me know. I've become a bit emotionally attached to my boat because I find it so capable; so I would love if others had the same experience.

Best regards.
Vincent.