Author Topic: Windrider Racing Starts Up again  (Read 526 times)

airnsail

• Vibes: 3
Windrider Racing Starts Up again
« on: May 21, 2016, 11:47:33 PM »
Ok folks.  Time to dust off those boats, clean them up, and get ready for another season of racing on Chatfield, here in Denver.  We are expecting a much bigger year this time as it looks liken Mother Nature is going to treat us better than last year when she shut the ramps down for two months.  Mark Nixon tells me that the Adaptive Advernture Windriders will be more active this year as well.  It will be great to see 6-8 (hopefully) Windriders out on Tuesday evenings. 

Racing starts Tuesday, May 31st with our first race at 6:30 pm.  We will race them weekly until Sept. 1st, 2016.  We hope to get two to four races in every Tuesday.  Plan to launch your boat (especially if you want help) around 5:30.  Head over to Roxborough Cove.  We lost some of our dinghy markers last year.  This year we will be using three kids bouncy balls for marks.  We will set them up and take them down each week.  This will be very easy as they are only a bouncy ball attached to a 10 lb weight via anchor rode.  We will set them up on the lake and use them as well as several of our other permanent race marks that are already there for our Wednesday night races of keel boats. 

If you want to learn how to sail your Windrider efficiently, this is the place to learn.  We are a very laid back group and always willing to help our fellow Windrider sailors out.  So please tell all of your Windrider friends to come join us.  It will be a blast.  While the vast majority of us will be out every week, come out when you like to give us a try.  I guarantee once you do that you will be hooked. 

Should you or any of your friends have question, have them drop me a note or give me a call. 

Racing season is only 10 days away.  See you on the dock!  I'll be out there in my white Windrider (White Lightning) with Sail number 491 on it.  Let the fun begin. 

Mike Coulter
Vice-Commodore, CSYC
airnsail@comcast.net
Cell 303-503-3200
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:14:56 PM by airnsail »