Author Topic: Texas Roll Call  (Read 7520 times)

SpocksBrain

• Vibes: 6
Re: Texas Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
Billvee,where in Houston are you?

I sail out of Seabrook ,launching into Galveston Bay most any saturday that the weather permits .

There is also a wide ramp at Clear Lake but you will need a motor to make the passage through Kemah channel that feeds into the Bay.

Lake Livigston and Lake Conroe (both north of houston a ways) are i have heard both sailable ,but i have not yet made a trip up there to check on ramps  ect.

Welcome to the WR17 family. :D

Ron              spocks-brain@hotmail.com

billvee

• Vibes: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 10:00:31 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.   I'm near the Woodlands.   I thought I might launch off the Texas City Dyke and take advantage of those north and south winds.   Are you a member at the Seabrook Sailing Club?   

billvee

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
No hard plans yet, but I think I may head towards Port Aransas for a few days when this cold front goes away and we return to 80 degree temps.  (Wishful thinking I know.)

SpocksBrain

• Vibes: 6
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »
Billvee,yes i am a member at Seabrook Sailing Club.  Port Aransas huh?  Let me know how that goes BTW.  I too look forward to those returning 80's temps as well,but i usually just wrap up in my trusty dry suit and head out on the cold weekends as well. 

Fair Winds,

Ron

ggofish

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 01:51:30 AM »
Navasota here! Just ordered a new 17 yesturday. I know most of you sail, but I fish. I will be attempting to offshore fish out of the 17 this spring and summer. I normally run from Boliver to Freeport. I have been running a Hobie AI for 2 years now hitting the 6-8 mile rigs wanting more speed, run dry and carry more weight....I just needed a sail boat that will haul my fish payload back and the 17 looks like my boat. Has anybody been trying to troll out of theses 17's? Sorry I'm late, but I came as fast as I could! Howdy! GGOFISH

Goliadranger

• Vibes: 1
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »
OK new owner here in Corpus.

chelemslim

• Vibes: 3
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 12:28:40 PM »
I'm Texan (San Angelo area) but live in Yucatan, Mexico.  In process of buying and shipping a WR 17 here.  You guys should come down here for a gathering!  GREAT sailing almost every day of the year! :)

dirkuys

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 08:02:37 PM »
I'm in San Antonio, but I'm always sailing our of Corpus Christi. I will be there this coming weekend. Let's plan a sail together?? By the way, I did the Texas 200 this year in my Windrider 17. Also, should we create a Facebook Group? 

Crazyfly

• Vibes: 1
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 10:49:23 AM »
I bought a WR 17 last July.  I'm in Flower Mound, TX.  We mainly sail North Texas Lakes, Grapevine, Ray Roberts.  Just ordered a modified Rave main sail cut for the WR 17 for light wind days.  I kitesurf on windy days  ;D

TKH1952

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 10:51:44 PM »
Hi All,
I am not sure if anyone still reads this post since the last post before this one was a single post in 2015 which was a big drop off from 2014.
I am a new WR17 owner and purchased a "new" 2011 model from Lynn's Sailboats on the Gulf Freeway in Feb 2016.
This is my first boat and it has been easy to learn to sail and I have been modifying it over this first year to make it better for solo sailing.
My objective besides the joy of sailing in Clear Lake and around Kemah and Seabrook in Galveston Bay is to explore the entire bay over the next few years and beyond.
I sail multiple times a week in the summer and plan to keep going through the winter on mild sunny days.
I sail out of Seabrook Sailing Club mostly but when the winds are from the north and the tides are low in the Bay, I am able to dock at South Shore Harbor off Harbor Island that I call home.
Please contact me if you wish to sail your Windrider with me and my family some time.
Cheers, Tim

bckrider

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 11:42:10 AM »
I'm in Clear Lake (Houston area) and sail on Galveston Bay, usually launching from Bayshore Park.