Author Topic: Windrider 16 FOR SALE  (Read 5257 times)

John Badenhoop

• phpBB 4 yr. Contributing Member
  • Vibes: 0
Windrider 16 FOR SALE
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:05:13 AM »
I am selling my 2001 Windrider 16 it is iguana green in color. No trailer but I do have a home made cart I use to move the boat around and put in and out of the water. I have 2 of the Han's windshields large for bad weather and a shorter version for everyday sailing. Mounted compass. I have not used the boat in the last 2 years. I am located on Long Island, NY. $1,000.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:15:03 AM by John Badenhoop »

Joe Murphy

• el juez
  • Vibes: 116
  • Thanks to Don Maxwell
Re: Windrider 16 FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
No-o-o-o-o, John, say it ain't so.
Bring it down here.

Merry Christmas.
Joe M.
WR 17, s/v Strange Meadow Lark
WR16, s/v Little Lark
Gulfport Yacht Club
St Petersburg, FL

John Fischer

• phpBB 3 Yr. Contributing Member
  • Vibes: 11
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »
What's going on John?  You moving up to a WR17 (I hope)?

John F1
John F

bungelowbill

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:32:51 AM »
I'd like to take a look at your WR16. Where on the island are you located. I'm way down south in NJ near the C&D canal on the Delaware.

John Badenhoop

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »
Hey John F. No not moving up to the 17 yet. I bought a full dress Harley Davidson and need to sell my other motorcycle and not having used the windrider in over 2 years I thought I would sell it so somebody can get some enjoyment out of it ( it's a shame that it just sits in the yard) and it will help pay for the Harley.

John Badenhoop

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 09:10:56 AM »
Bungelowbill, I am located in Suffolk County (Smithtown) here is my cell # 631-219-3164. The boat is a little dirty from sitting in the yard but in excellent condition. No rips or tares in the tramps. Sail had a small tare but was repaired. Mast is straight with no bends.

Hans in New Mexico

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
...I bought a full dress Harley Davidson ...

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.:o :'( :( Just like Henry Towne.

Once some men get past forty or fifty, their unused hormonal supply gets the better of them. Henry didn't get a Harley, but something similar and raced around the country instead of sailing his WR16 (he at least still got it, in case sanity should ever deem it worthwhile to return to his mind.)

Are you, John, turning into a retarded, I mean, late blooming "Hell's Angel"??? ??? What happened to your once well-developed sense of keeping your priorities straight? I think, you and your wife need to move to a part of the country where the effects of acid rains
on brains are less pronounced!!!

What else is there or can I say?? May the gods of sanity and self preservation have mercy on you and save you from your own self.:'(

DaveRave113

• Contributing Member
  • Vibes: 44
  • In a Rave and a kilt, would I be a ‘Flying Scot’?
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »
A few years back the equation worked out like this for me: want to sail + want motorcycle = a ‘pocket rocket’ sailboat (Rave).  I did use a motorcycle for years as a commuter/second car.  I use a commuter bus most of the time now.  A Rave is not practical going-to-work transportation for me.
Foiling a Rave is Graceful Exhilaration (and sometimes much less than 'graceful')

bungelowbill

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »
This weekend's weather may force me to put off until next weekend to see the WR16.

John Badenhoop

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
Han's what can I say. I spoke with Joe M. and he says every man that rides should own a Harley at least once in his life. So as I am now approaching my golden years it is time. My buddy still has his 16 and I can use his any time. I still want to sail so when I do buy another I think it may be a 17. I love sailing with Joe & Bruce that 17 is so much quicker then the 16. Not as simple but much faster.

Best of Wishes for this Holday Season my Friend.

John B

bungelowbill

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
John, Thanks! This is going to be a great Christmas. I've been wanting a Windrider ever since I learned about them. Gentlemen..John's Iguana Green WR16 is going to have a new daddy. Ya Hoo! I'll call you soon John to arrange the rest.

Joe Murphy

• el juez
  • Vibes: 116
  • Thanks to Don Maxwell
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 10:37:32 PM »
Congrats Bungalowbill.
I'll look forward to tales of your adventures.
Joe M.
WR 17, s/v Strange Meadow Lark
WR16, s/v Little Lark
Gulfport Yacht Club
St Petersburg, FL

bungelowbill

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »
John,
Thanks for making my Christmas holidays so very merry. I've already had the WR16 out a couple of times now. It's pretty cold on the Delaware at this tme of year, but it is worth it.